These peanut butter cheesecake swirled brownies have a delicious brownie base, swirled with a sweet peanut butter cheesecake filling and baked to perfection!
Have I mentioned how much I love brownies? Have I mentioned that I’m working on a brownie cook book with 50 (thats right five -zero) recipes that all start with a brownie mix? Well, these peanut butter cheesecake swirled brownies would be perfect for my cookbook, but instead I’m sharing them here with you! Lucky you!
These amazing brownies start with your favorite brownie mix, then you make a quick homemade peanut butter cheesecake batter, swirl them together, bake them up and voila – peanut butter cheesecake swirled brownie perfection.
If you love peanut butter, and cheesecake, and brownies then this is the perfect dessert for you. And if you don’t, well you can just leave my space. Just kidding – we’ve got some other dessert recipes you may like instead! But who are you?! 😉
Just look at that amazing peanut butter cheesecake swirled throughout. These brownies are seriously perfection my friends and the perfect way to celebrate national peanut butter day. Did I mention that is TODAY?! Happy Peanut Butter Day! Now go eat a reeses or one of these brownies or some apples with peanut butter please! (Or head to the bottom of this post for 11 more scrumptious recipes all with peanut butter from my blogger friends)!
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- Box Brownie mix – Our your favorite homemade brownie batter will work too
- Eggs, oil, and Water as called for on the brownie mix
- Cream cheese – a block of cream cheese, not the whipped kind
- Creamy Peanut Butter – to give the cheesecake layer a delicious peanut butter flavor
- Granulated Sugar – to sweeten
- Egg – To hold everything together for the cheesecake layer
- Flour – to thicken the cheesecake layer a bit
- Vanilla Extract – to add a little flavor to the peanut butter cheesecake layer
How to make Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies?
- Pre heat oven and prepare a brownie mix according to the package directions in a large bowl, mixed with the eggs, oil, and water. Set the batter aside.
- Add the cream cheese to a medium bowl and beat it with an electric mixer (a stand mixer or hand mixer works) smooth for a couple of minutes. Add in the peanut butter and beat them together until they are smooth.
- Add in the sugar, egg, flour and vanilla extract and stir until just combined.
- Pour all but 1/2 cup of your brownie batter into a 9×13 pan.
- Spoon the creamy peanut butter cheesecake filling over the top of the brownie batter. Spoon the remaining brownie batter over the top of the cream cheese layer. Use a knife to carefully swirl the cream cheese and brown batter together to create a marbled effect.
- Bake the brownies in the oven until a toothpick can be inserted in the middle of the brownies and comes out clean.
Tips and Tricks:
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil to lift the brownies out of the pan easier, and help to make slicing easier.
- Press peanut butter cups or mini peanut butter to the top of the brownies after you swirl the cheesecake batter.
- Add chocolate chips or peanut butter chips on top of the brownies.
- Store leftover brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the brownies by wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and placing them in a ziplock bag or freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
These peanut butter cream cheese brownies are the perfect treat for peanut butter fans. It’s a simple dessert, that starts with a brownie mix and is the perfect late night treat, especially at the end of a stressful day.
More Easy Desserts:
- Peanut Butter Blondies
- Fudgy Brownies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Better than Sex Brownies
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix
- eggs (oil and water as called for on brownie mix)
For the Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirl:
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven according to package directions. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat your cream cheese for a couple minutes until smooth.
- Add in the peanut butter and cream together till smooth.
- Add in your sugar, egg, flour and vanilla extract and stir till combined.
- Pour all but 1/2 cup of your brownie batter into a 9x13 pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter.
- Spoon the remaining brownie batter on top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Use a knife to swirl the cream cheese and brownie batter together to create a marbled effect.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cool before cutting into pieces
And now to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day, here are 10 more recipes from my blogging friends!
Three Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue // Tried and Tasty
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies // Sugar & Soul
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes // The Love Nerds
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Granola Bites // A Kitchen Addiction
Thai Peanut Skillet Chicken // Eazy Peazy Mealz
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cakes // Lemon Tree Dwelling
Lunchroom Peanut Butter Bars // Cupcake Diaries
Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Tart // A Dash of Sanity
Peanut Butter Banana Bread // One Sweet Appetite