Flavor bursts of peanut butter and brownies amidst a rich chocolate ice cream. So good! So Peanut Butter Swirl Brownie Chunk Chocolate Ice Cream (y)!
Whew, that name is quite the mouthful to say. And you are going to want a mouthful of this peanut butter swirl brownie chocolate ice cream! A mouthful and another and another!
We love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate here at LMLD. It might be our favorite flavor combination. And by adding brownies to this chocolate ice cream we just added a whole other level to ice cream goodness. And now that the sun has decided to shine it is time to bring out your ice cream maker and get cranking.
This peanut butter swirl brownie chocolate ice cream is a lot easier to make then its name. You start by spreading a coat of peanut butter on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Place it in the freezer to harder while you make the rest of the ice cream. When it is time to mix in, you will break your frozen peanut butter into pieces and swirl them into your chocolate brownie ice cream. That’s pretty simple.
The next step is mixing the cocoa and sugars, beat in the whole milk, cream, and vanilla extract. Then add to the ice cream maker to do all the hard work. Once the chocolate ice cream is thicken, continue mixing in the ice cream maker while you drop the brownie pieces in. And finally, scoop the ice cream into your ice cream container (my favorite is this one) and swirl those peanut butter bits right in.
Enjoy your peanut butter swirl brownie chocolate ice cream right away; and don’t hesitate to sprinkle more crushed brownie pieces on top, or freeze your ice cream for later. But let’s be real, why wait.
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownie Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk* *whole milk will be richer and creamier than other milk
- 3 1/4 cups heavy cream** **half and half can be substituted
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brownie pieces
- Spread out the peanut butter on waxed butter and freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Whisk together cocoa, white sugar, and brown sugar in a medium bowl
- Beat the milk in with a hand mixer until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla extract
- Turn on your ice cream maker and pour in your chocolate/milk mixture
- Mix until ice cream is thickened, about 30 minutes - or according to your ice cream maker
- Mix for 5 more minutes while your drop brownie pieces in
- Remove peanut butter from freezer and wax paper, break apart
- Scoop ice cream into your ice cream container and mix peanut butter pieces into the ice cream
- Enjoy to eat now or save in freezer for later