These chocolate chip cookie dough bars are delicious bars of edible cookie dough, stuffed full of mini chocolate chips, and topped with more chocolate. They’re a perfect no bake treat, great for when your sweet tooth strikes!
These cookie dough bars are rich, creamy, and loaded with lots of chocolate. They’re made egg free and with heat treated flour, making them totally safe to eat – and everyone loves them!
I know many of you are cookie dough fans, since that’s been our most popular recipe for several years now. I know I can’t say no to a big gob of cookie dough when I’m making a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
These cookie dough bars are such a delicious, and easy way to enjoy cookie dough, without worrying about the uncooked eggs, or raw flour. They’re thick bars of edible cookie dough, loaded with mini chocolate chips, and topped with a layer of chocolate. It’s the perfect way to make cookie dough an acceptable dessert all the time, and who can argue with that?
June No Bake Recipe Challenge
It’s the next month of our Recipe Challenge, for the month of June the theme is No Bake!! At the end of the month, I’ll randomly select one entry to be the winner and send them a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
Here’s How to Enter Our June No Bake Recipe Challenge:
- Choose any no bake recipe from our website, and make it! It could be any no bake dessert recipe from our site! There are such a variety of no bake desserts, you’re bound to find something you love from rice krispie treats, to no bake cheesecake, to edible cookie dough. We have a whole category of no bake recipes, so you can pull any from there.
- Send me a picture of the recipe you made. Snap a quick picture on your phone and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can DM it to me on instagram @lmldfood.
- Get Bonus Entries by leaving a comment with a review on the recipe you made. Make sure to let me know in the comment that you made it for our June No Bake Challenge so I can keep track!
- Make as many no bake recipes as you want, and get entered each time you make one and send me a photo.
The challenge is open to anyone over 18 years old, and goes from June 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021 at 5PM EST. The winner will be randomly selected. I will reach out via email or instagram to notify the winner on July 1, 2021.
Now back to the good stuff.
How do you make Cookie Dough Bars?
These cookie dough bars start out very similarly to a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Start by creaming together the softened butter and brown sugar until its nice and creamy. Add in the vanilla extract.
Alternate adding in a portion of the flour, then the sweetened condensed milk, then flour, then condensed milk, until everything is added and a nice dough is formed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Press the mixture into a square 8inch pan that is lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place the bars in the fridge for 1 hour.
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, until you can stir them smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the bars, and spread the top evenly. Place the bars back in the fridge until the chocolate is totally chilled, at least 2 hour.
Carefully slice into bars and serve.
Tips for making Cookie Dough Bars:
- I love stuffing my cookies, cookie dough, and cookie dough bars with chocolate chips – but you can load them with whatever your favorite cookie mix in is. I like keeping them small, so the bars are easy to cut, but some other favorites would be white chocolate chips, toffee bits, reeses pieces, m&ms, chopped nuts, etc.
- The cookie dough is fairly soft, so it’s best to keep the bars in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
- Cut the bars into small pieces, they are very rich.
How to heat treat flour?
You can heat treat flour in the oven by spreading it out on a baking pan, and baking it at 350 F for about 5 minutes.
Or you can spread the flour on a plate or baking dish as big as you can, that will fit in your microwave. Microwave for about 1 minute, adding additional 15 second increments as needed, until the flour reaches a temperature of 160 F.
If you don’t want to use the microwave, and want to keep the treat completely no bake, I like to keep my heat treated flour on hand, by making up a big batch of it at once and storing it in an airtight container. So I have to heat it up once, but not every time I want a batch of edible cookie dough.
These cookie dough bars are a great no bake treat, which is perfect for the heat of the summer, no hot oven to heat up the house. They’re easy to make, and only take a few minutes to throw together. The hardest part is waiting for the chocolate on top of the bars to set!
They’re a perfect way to enjoy the great flavors of cookie dough, in a rich, delicious dessert bar! And I promise the recipe is great for sharing, as the bars are very rich you’ll want to slice them up small to share!
More Cookie Dough Recipes:
- Eggless Cookie Dough
- Cookie Dough Stuffed Pretzels
- Cookie Dough Stuffed Oreos
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened, 1 stick)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Topping:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 TBS butter
- sprinkles (optional)
- Heat treat the flour by spreading it out on a baking sheet and baking it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Line a square 8inch pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Add the butter and brown sugar to a large bowl (a stand mixer works great) and cream them together for a couple minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and stir it in.
- Alternate adding the flour, and sweetened condensed milk, mixing on low, until everything is completely combined.
- Stir in the salt and mini chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan, and spread it out in an even layer.
- Place it in the fridge to chill for about 2 hours.
- Add the chocolate chips and butter to a small microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until you can stir it smooth.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the cookie dough.
- Sprinkle the top with sprinkles if desired.
- Place the bars in the fridge for another hour, up to overnight.