These cookies are the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Chocolate dipped peanut butter sandwich cookies – everyone will love them!
**This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine. #bakingwithbetty
I love peanut butter and chocolate so much. Its just one of those magical combos. These chocolate dipped peanut butter sandwich cookies are a perfect compilation of that magical flavor combo.
These cookies start with a Betty Crocker® Peanut Butter cookie mix, which makes them so easy to make. You’ll mix the cookie mix with water, an egg, and oil. Roll the cookie dough into 36 small cookie dough balls and bake them all up. Allow the cookies to cool and then you’ll whip up this quick, but amazing peanut butter frosting, and if you have a little leftover don’t even worry about it, just eat it by the spoonful. Then you’ll heat up some chocolate chips (I just used the microwave cause its easy) and dip your cookies half way into the chocolate and then set on waxed paper for the chocolate to harden. And the hardest part… waiting for that chocolate to harden, but the result is so worth it.
These cookies are perfect with a big cup of milk.
So these cookies are so good, with the soft cookie, and creamy peanut butter frosting, and chocolate. I don’t know which part is my favorite.
The recipe with one Betty Crocker® cookie mix makes just 18 cookies (36 cookies – but 18 sandwich cookies) but its the perfect amount, but just buy a few cookie mixes if you want to make more. And then pass them out to your neighbors for Christmas treats – because I promise they’ll think you are the best neighbor ever after these cookies. You can spread cheer with simple surprises.
Betty Crocker® also offers a delicious Sugar Cookie Mix to help make your holiday baking nice and easy too!
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 1 pkg Betty Crocker® Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
- ingredients called for on cookie mix package (oil, water and egg)
For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 TBS milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
For the Chocolate Dip:
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine your Betty Crocker® Cookie Mix, oil, water and egg to form a thick batter.
- Roll your dough into 36 small (about 1 inch) balls
- Place 12 at a time on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, or a silicone liner, and bake for about 7 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the Frosting:
- Beat together your peanut butter and butter till smooth.
- Add in your powdered sugar, milk and vanilla and stir till a smooth frosting is formed. (Add a little more powdered sugar, or a little milk if needed for the consistency)
- Spread frosting on top of 1 cookie generously, and then top with a second cookie.
- Repeat with additional cookies and frosting.
- Microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Allow to rest for 30 seconds, then stir till smooth.
- Dip cookies half way into melted chocolate and place on waxed paper.
- Allow to set till chocolate is hardened.
How are you spreading holiday cheer this Christmas season?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker. The opinions and text are all mine.