I put a chicken mixture in the crockpot, and when I got home I decided to make taquitos out of it. This recipe was inspired by my own delicious pork taquitos, our best bites chicken taquitos and six sisters chicken bacon ranch taquitos. They were delicious, so I hope you enjoy.
1 cups water
1 cube chicken bouillon
1 1/2 TBS cumin
1 1/2 TBS chili powder
1 TBS garlic, minced
1 can diced green chiles
3 chicken breasts
4 oz cream cheese (I use low fat, or no fat), softened
2 cups cheddar jack cheese (or monterray jack, colby jack, cheddar, etc)
3 green onions, diced
6-8 pieces of bacon
1 can corn, drained **
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed **
small or medium tortillas
**optional : I used half a can each of corn and black beans, after I’d already used half the mixture. Both ways were delicious.
1. Combine water, bouillon cube, cumin, chili powder, garlic, green chiles and chicken breastsin the crock pot and cook chicken for about 4 hours on high or about 6 hours on low.
2. Remove chicken and shred. Using either 2 forks. Or by putting the chicken in the kitchen aid bowl and flat mixer, for about 30 seconds, till shredded.
3. Return shredded chicken to the crock pot.
4. Meanwhile, cook bacon. Crumble into small pieces.
5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
5. Combine cream cheese, cheddar jack cheese, green onions, bacon, corn and black beans in a large bowl.
6. Pour crock pot chicken and sauce mixture through a strainer and add to mixture. Stir well.
7. Spread chicken mixture down the middle of tortilla (about 3 TBS)
8. Roll tortilla up tightly. Place seam side down on a greased cookie sheet.
9. Spray tops of taquitos with cooking spray, and salt lightly.
10. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
Makes about 15-18 taquitos (2-3 taquitos seems to be a serving, as they are filling)