Valentine Brownies are a super easy and fun brownie topped with pink frosting and a heart pattern made with sprinkles!
Sometimes we just need easy desserts, and these Valentine brownies are a perfect solution. Perfect for the easiest Valentine dessert ever, because all you need are some brownies, frosting and sprinkles.
For the brownies you can go as easy as you want with brownies from the store or a bakery, a boxed mix, or homemade chocolate brownies. Then after the brownies are prepared, and baked, and cooled, you’ll top them with you pink frosting. You can use a canned strawberry frosting, homemade strawberry frosting, or just tint your favorite buttercream with a little red food coloring. Then you’ll need a heart shaped cookie cutter. Any heart shape will do, and you’ll place it on your frosted brownies and spread your sprinkles inside the cookie cutter to make the heart shape. Then move the cookie cutter and repeat.
These Valentine Brownies are the perfect easy Valentine’s dessert for a Valentine’s Day Party, treating your kids after school, or just a fun dessert to tell someone you love them. I was inspired by this idea from Taste of Home, but simplified it for my needs.
I love how easy these are, but also delicious and festive too. The heart cutout makes these so perfect for Valentine’s Day. And if you have another cookie cutter shape, you could use this idea for any holiday celebration.
Looking for more easy Valentine recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1 brownie box mix (or homemade brownies)
- eggs, oil and water as called for on brownie mix
- 2 cups strawberry frosting
- 1 bottle red or pink sprinkles
- Make and bake the brownies according to the directions on the box in a 9x13 pan.
- Let your brownies cool completely.
- Spread your frosting over the entire brownies, very gently.
- Gently place your heart cookie cutter shape where you want your designs and sprinkle inside the heart shape.
- Repeat with the cookie cutter shape in each place you want your designs.
- Slice and serve.
These Valentine Brownies were first posted on February 13, 2014, photos updated on January 31, 2020.