Ingredients needed to make homemade peach ice cream:
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Peach Ice Cream Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- fresh peaches
- granulated sugar
- heavy cream
- whole milk
- vanilla extract
How to make homemade peach ice cream?
Start the night before you want to make your ice cream by putting your ice cream maker bowl in the freezer. You’ll want to freeze it for 12 hours or more.
When you’re ready to make your ice cream mixture, peel your peaches, remove the pit, and dice them up into small pieces. Mix the peaches with 1/2 cup of your sugar in a medium sized bowl to let the peaches release their juices and help sweeten them up.
Blend the peaches up in a blender or food processor till they are smooth. If you need more liquid for your blender, add in part of your whole milk.
Pour the blended peaches, heavy cream, milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and stir them all together till creamy. Pour the ice cream base into your prepared ice cream maker and allow to run according to manufactures instructions, about 20-30 minutes.
Serve immediately for super soft ice cream (kind of like a shake) or scoop the ice cream into a 9×5 pan and cover with plastic wrap. Place the ice cream in the freezer for 6 hours, up to overnight.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What to serve with peach ice cream?
Homemade peach ice cream is delicious on its own, but its also great with some toppings, or alongside some favorite desserts.
- Fresh peach slices – for even more peach flavor, add some ripe peaches cut into slices, or diced pieces right on top
- Whipped Cream – this adds a delicious creamy, airiness to the ice cream
- Caramel Sauce – warm caramel sauce on top of peach ice cream makes an extra indulgent treat.
- Toasted Nuts – try chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts from a nice crunchy texture, and salty flavor.
- Fresh berries – berries and peaches go great together, blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries pair well with this ice cream
- Ginger Snap Cookies – spicy gingersnaps compliment the soft, and sweet flavor of this peach ice cream.
- Crepes – make some crepes up for dessert instead of breakfast and top them with some of this yummy ice cream.
- Lemon Cake – A slice of cake with fresh ice cream is always a good idea, I love the tangy lemon flavor with this smooth homemade peach ice cream.
Can I make this peach ice cream with half and half?
This peach ice cream recipe of ice cream maker can be made with half and half or a lower fat milk, but because you will have a lower fat content, the ice cream won’t be as creamy and may be harder when frozen.
How to store Peach Ice Cream?
Store any leftover peach ice cream in a 2QT airtight container with a lid, or wrapped tightly with plastic wrap and foil in the coldest part of your freezer for up to 1 month. The ice cream may get crystallization on top of it over time.
More Favorites from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Looking for more ice cream recipes?
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Coconut Ice Cream
- Lucky Charms Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Peach Ice Cream
- 2 cups chopped peaches (peel removed)
- 1 1/4 cups Granulated sugar (divided)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Mix chopped peaches with 1/2 cup sugar in a medium sized bowl. Allow to set for about 15 minutes so the peach pieces release their juices.
- Blend peaches up in a blender or food processor until nice and smooth. (Add 1/4 cup of your whole milk if you need more liquid to blend it up)
- In a large bowl combine peach mixture with heavy cream, whole milk, vanilla extract, and remaining 3/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
- Get out your freezer bowl and start running your ice cream maker. Pour the peach mixture into the running ice cream maker. And allow to run according to manufactures instructions (Mine is about 25-30 minutes.)
- Serve now for soft serve ice cream.
- For scoopable ice cream, scoop the peach ice cream into a bread loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 6 hours up to overnight. Then scoop and serve.