How to make homemade peach ice cream?
Start the night before you want to make your ice cream by putting your ice cream maker bowl in the freezer. You’ll want to freeze it for 12 hours or more.
When you’re ready to make your ice cream mixture, peel your peaches, remove the pit, and dice them up into small pieces. Mix the peaches with 1/2 cup of your sugar in a medium sized bowl to let the peaches release their juices and help sweeten them up.
Blend the peaches up in a blender or food processor till they are smooth. If you need more liquid for your blender, add in part of your whole milk.
Pour the blended peaches, heavy cream, milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and stir them all together till creamy. Pour the ice cream mixture into your prepared ice cream maker and allow to run according to manufactures instructions.
Serve immediately for super soft ice cream (kind of like a shake) or scoop the ice cream into a 9×5 pan and cover with plastic wrap. Place the ice cream in the freezer for 6 hours, up to overnight.
Looking for more ice cream recipes?
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Coconut Ice Cream
- Lucky Charms Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Peach Ice Cream
- 2 cups chopped peaches (peel removed)
- 1 1/4 cups Granulated sugar (divided)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix chopped peaches with 1/2 cup sugar in a medium sized bowl. Allow to set for about 15 minutes so the peach pieces release their juices.
- Blend peaches up in a blender or food processor until nice and smooth. (Add 1/4 cup of your whole milk if you need more liquid to blend it up)
- In a large bowl combine peach mixture with heavy cream, whole milk, vanilla extract, and remaining 3/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
- Get out your freezer bowl and start running your ice cream maker. Pour the peach mixture into the running ice cream maker. And allow to run according to manufactures instructions (Mine is about 25-30 minutes.)
- Serve now for soft serve ice cream.
- For scoopable ice cream, scoop the peach ice cream into a bread loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 6 hours up to overnight. Then scoop and serve.