These garlic sirloin kebabs are smothered in homemade garlic butter and grilled. They make a great dinner.
On Friday Nate and I decided it would be a splurge night where we would make a fancy dinner, and spend some quality time together. We got our inspiration from Tucanos, although we of course did not have as much meat variety as Tucanos did. I only had this delicious garlic sirloin, while Nate also had a lobster and a couple of shrimp skewers. We did however make some tasty brazillian limeade to go with the meal, which tasted just like Tucanos. We started the meal with an appetizer of broiled bread topped with spinach and artichoke dip, and ended the meal with some wonderful homemade icecream and chocolate lava cakes.
This tasty garlic sirloin is as good as Tucano’s with the delicious garlic butter glaze and is a simple meal to grill up for a special night in too. The garlic butter tastes great on other foods too, like lobster, zucchini and squash and probably more!
It was a great way to spend the evening with my hubby, and I hope we can do some more similar stay at home date nights soon!
- 1 lb sirloin steak (cubed)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 TBS garlic (minced)
- 1 TBS garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- Melt butter.
- Mix together butter, garlic, garlic salt and salt.
- Cut steak meat into about 1.5 inch pieces (cubes).
- Baste butter mixture onto steak pieces.
- Stick steak pieces onto kabob sticks
- Grill for about 15 minutes.
- Rotate skewers every couple of minutes, cooking evenly on each side.
- Re-baste meat throughout grilling process, because a lot of the flavor will cook off.
- Check steak temperature when you are done grilling, meat should be 150 for medium well/ or cut one piece open to check the color inside, should be light pink for medium well steak.
Enjoy this delicious garlic sirloin for a special night in or just a regular dinner meal!