These Thin Mint Oreo Pops are such a tasty treat. Crunchy Oreo cookies covered in minty chocolate, for a combination of Thin Mints and Oreo Cookies!
Pin these thin mint oreo pops for later.
Oh my goodness, its the season of girl scout cookies and I couldn’t be happier! Nate ordered 6 boxes from his co-worker’s daughter, a variety of Samoas, and Tagalongs. But he forgot to order any Thin Mints, even though I love them too! So I had to make my own.
This year instead of making traditional Thin Mint type cookies, I kept the Oreo’s whole and stuck them on a lollipop stick to make the dipping even easier. I think I might like them even better this way! They’re even funner to eat and now you get the creamy Oreo filling in the middle of the cookie too!
These treats are delicious to eat, or would be cute given as gifts to neighbors in little cellophane bags – if you can imagine having to share them. 😉
And you only need 5 ingredients/supplies to make these yummy cookie treats! Just make sure you make them as soon as you buy your Oreo cookies, otherwise I’m betting you’ll have to buy a new package after your family sneaks into them first 😉
(I got this idea from my friend Becky’s blog – I used my own homemade copycat thin mints recipe)
Thin Mint Oreo Pops
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 TBS coconut oil (optional)
- 14-15 Oreo Cookies
- 14-15 lollipop sticks
- Combine chocolate chips, peppermint extract and coconut oil (if needed - it will help thin chocolate) in a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave chocolate in 20 second increments, stirring after each until creamy.
- Open each Oreo and scrape off a small line of creme in the middle. Stick each lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and stick into the creme filling and put top back on the cookie. Allow to set till chocolate is hardened. (Stick in the freezer for a quicker set time).
- Place cookie in remaining melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off the sides.
- Set onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper and allow to set for a couple hours till chocolate is completely hardened.
MAKE THESE DELICIOUS THIN MINT OREO POPS WITH THESE GREAT KITCHEN TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS:
Okay, I love this idea! So simple and yet SO so good!
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
These are so pretty! I love that you combined oreos and the thin mint flavor – I bet these are amazing 🙂
These look perfect, Aimee! Chocolate dipped Oreos are one of my favorite treats, and I love the mint twist. 🙂
Brooke @ Silver Lining says
YUM! I could eat thin mints every day for the rest of my life!
Jen | Baked by an Introvert says
Love these oreo pops! They are so fun and would be a huge hit with my nephews!
Jen @ YummyHealthyEasy says
Okay, these are on my to-make list! My son’s preschool class would LOVE these for a treat to celebrate St. Paddy’s day! How fun, cute and totally yummy!!
Carol Gage says
Thank you got it!!! Have to try now.
I love this idea! Can’t wait to try it with my Girl Scout Cookies 🙂
Kara (Creations by Kara) says
We don’t have any girl scouts around here, so I will be making these to get my Thin Mint fix!!
Carol Gage says
I can not find your recipe here.
Aimee Berrett says
Sorry, its there now!