I don’t have any good stories to share that relate to chocolate zucchini bread. So we’ll just get on to this delicious recipe. Yum!
I got this yummy recipe from Nate’s aunt from her mom. She makes it as a cake, but I think bread is cuter. The only thing I added extra to the recipe is the vanilla and more chocolate chips.
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup butter milk**
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- t tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 TBS cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Prepare 2 bread loaf pans by lining them with parchment paper and spraying the paper with nonstick spray.
- Pour batter equally into the 2 loaf pans.
- Bake in oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan for a bit before removing.
**Make your own buttermilk by adding 1/2 TBS vinegar to the 1/2 cup of milk. And allowing to sit for 10 minutes.