These 4th of July Rice Krispie treats are such a fun no bake treat, loaded with red, white, and blue m&ms, sprinkles, and topped with candy melts, making them such a fun patriotic treat for the Fourth of July!
Rice krispie treats are one of the easiest treats to make in the world. You make them on the stove top in just a few minutes, so you don’t have to worry about heating up your kitchen too much, making them perfect for enjoying all summer long!
They’re also so fun to decorate for a variety of holidays! For this version I have added red, white, and blue m&ms, patriotic sprinkles, and drizzled the tops with melted red, white, and blue candy melts making them extra festive, and extra delicious!
Ingredients needed to make 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats:
- mini marshmallows
- vanilla extract
- rice krispie cereal
- red, white, and blue m&ms
- red, white, and blue sprinkles
- red, white, and blue candy melts
How to make 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats?
Melt your butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Then add in the salt and marshmallows and let those melt smooth too. Stir in the vanilla and the cereal. Then fold in half of the m&ms.
Press the rice krispie treats into a 9×13 baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining m&ms over the top, and some fun red, white, and blue sprinkles and press them into the top. Let the rice krispie treats set for about 30 minutes.
Melt the candy melts in three separate bowls, melting them in 30 second increments, until you can stir them smooth. Drizzle them over the top of each of the rice krispie treat squares. Let the candy set. Then enjoy!
Tips for making the best 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats:
- Premeasure out all your ingredients before starting the recipe. You will need to be able to add them in quickly when it’s time for them.
- You can also use salted butter, and skip adding the extra salt into the rice krispie treats.
- You want to add the m&ms right at the end of mixing the rice krispie treats, otherwise they will melt and loose their fun colors.
- The candy melts can be skipped if desired.
- You can also dip the rice krispie treats into the melted candy melts either the bottoms, or half way over the treats. (Like we’ve done with our pink rice krispie treats.)
How to store rice krispie treats?
These rice krispie treats can be stored in an airtight container in a cool dry space for up to 2 weeks. If it’s too warm the m&ms, and candy melts may start to melt. Your rice krispie treats may also become stale after too long.
These 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect patriotic treat to enjoy all summer long! They’re soft, chewy, and delicious. Perfectly sweet, and decorated to look so cute!
More cute red, white, and blue treats:
- Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn
- Red White and Blue Jello Cups
- Fourth of July Cookies
- Red White and Blue Jello Cake
- Red White and Blue Mini Cheesecakes
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup red white and blue M&Ms (you can use mini or regular)
- 1 TBS red, white, and blue sprinkles
- 1/4 cup red candy melts (optional)
- 1/4 cup white candy melts
- 1/4 cup blue candy melts
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet with parchment paper, and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Premeasure out all your ingredients (you want to work quickly with this recipe.)
- In a large sauce pan, add the butter, salt, and melt it over medium heat.
- Add in the marshmallows, and stir it all together until they are completely melted.
- Remove the melted marshmallow mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Then stir in the cereal, and fold together till its completely and evenly coated.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the m&ms.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Use a piece of parchment paper to gently press it down evenly into the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining m&ms over the top, and some of the sprinkles and gently press them into the top.
- Allow the rice krispie treats to set for 30 minutes, then slice them up.
- Melt the candy melt colors in separate bowls. Melt them in 30 second increments, stirring between each until you can stir them smooth.
- Drizzle the candy melts with a spoon (or by scooping them into a small ziplock bag and snipping the corner) over the top of each of the rice krispie treat squares.
- Let the candy melts fully harden before serving the rice krispie treats.
Leave a Reply