These air fryer s’mores make the summertime favorite even easier. Now you can make perfect s’mores in the comfort of your kitchen in just minutes.
It’s officially s’more season, but in case you don’t want the mess of gooey marshmallows on a stick, or the smell of campfire in your hair, but you still want the great flavors of s’mores you can make these air fryer s’mores.
Who doesn’t love the delicious taste and texture of s’mores? Gooey marshmallow, and melted chocolate all inside two crunchy graham crackers! Now you can have s’mores even when you’re not camping.
How to make S’mores in the Air Fryer?
Break the graham crackers in half and place 9 halves in the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer. (Different air fryers are different sizes so yours may be able to hold more or less).
Cut the large marshmallows in half and place the sticky side down onto the graham cracker squares.
Cook the marshmallows for a few minutes in the air fryer until you have golden brown marshmallows that are nicely toasted.
Immediately top the marshmallows with the chocolate squares or Reese’s peanut cups and then with the top graham cracker. Enjoy immediately!
Tips for making S’mores in the Air Fryer:
- If you want your s’mores to be extra gooey, cook the marshmallow for 3 minutes, then add the chocolate and cook them for 1 minute more. (However fair warning, the air fryer might get a bit messy).
- If you’re going to cook multiple rounds of s’mores, don’t cut the marshmallows in half until you’re ready to stick them on the graham crackers, otherwise they will lose their stickiness.
- You can also make indoor s’mores in the oven.
- You can try almost any s’mores variations in the air fryer! Try some s’moreos, nutella banana s’mores, berries and cream s’mores, etc. by changing out the types of cookies, or chocolate used in the recipe – and don’t be afraid to add some other toppings too!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you melt chocolate in a s’more?
You can melt your chocolate for these s’mores by adding the chocolate square on top of the marshmallow for the last minute as the marshmallows cook in the air fryer. It’s optional if you want to have your chocolate pre-melted, or let it just barely melt from the warm marshmallow and have the chocolate piece more solid in the s’more.
What kind of chocolate is best for s’mores?
You can pick from most kinds of chocolate to use in a s’more. I personally prefer milk chocolate over dark chocolate because I prefer the flavor, and the higher cocoa butter content will help it melt better. You can also use a piece of white chocolate if desired. You shouldn’t have a problem with almost any piece of chocolate bar in this recipe.
You can use a plain chocolate bar, like a classic Hershey’s chocolate bar or choose from some candy bars too. Use candy bars that are simple and thinner, like a Cadbury Caramello bar or Reese’s peanut butter cups, where the insides are soft so they can squish with the gooey marshmallows.
What are the best crackers to use?
I usually stick with traditional honey graham crackers but any type of sweet cracker should work for this recipe. You could use chocolate graham crackers, Biscoff cookies, gingersnap cookies, etc.
I recommend not using a cookie that already has chocolate pieces in it for this recipe to avoid extra mess.
When you’re craving the popular campfire dessert, you can now have them year round in just a few minutes from the comfort of your own kitchen! Making s’mores in the air fryer is quick, easy, and so delicious.
More S’mores Recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
Air Fryer S'mores
- 9 graham crackers
- 9 large marshmallows
- 9 fun sized hershey bars or peanut butter cups
- Break the graham crackers in half down the middle and place them in the air fryer.
- Cut the marshmallows in half and place the sticky side down on the graham cracker in the air fryer.
- Cook the marshmallows at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 minutes.
- Then remove the s'mores from the air fryer and top each marshmallow with chocolate and the other graham cracker half. Enjoy immediately.
Leave a Reply