These s’mores popcorn balls are gooey marshmallow popcorn balls stuffed full of golden graham cereal and chocolate chips for that perfect s’more like taste!
**This post contains references and/or links to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products and make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
These s’mores popcorn treats are perfect for a fun snack, or for a party. They’re adorable, and delicious. I mean, who doesn’t love s’mores – and if you don’t, well then you can just come back in a couple days for a non s’more-ey recipe 😉
These s’mores popcorn balls start with the same marshmallow popcorn ball base that my other popcorn balls have. They’re made the same as a rice krispie treat with butter and marshmallows melted together, but with popcorn instead of crisp rice cereal.
The gooey melted marshmallow holds everything together to make these popcorn balls into such a delicious and easy treat.
These popcorn balls are stuffed full of, of course popcorn coated in gooey marshmallows, as well as golden graham cereal, and chocolate chips. It all comes together to give these hand held treats the perfect smore like taste in every single bite.
How to make S’mores Popcorn Balls?
In a large pot, melt some butter over medium heat. Once it is melted add in your mini marshmallows and cook until they are all melted together with the butter. Stir in some vanilla extract and then stir your popcorn into the marshmallow mixture. Coat the popcorn completely with the gooey marshmallow.
Pour 2/3 of the golden graham cereal, and 1/2 of the chocolate chips into the popcorn and fold together. Pour it all onto parchment paper and separate the popcorn into 8 balls. Roll the popcorn up into balls and add remaining cereal and chocolate chips to the outsides of the balls.
The popcorn balls can be eaten immediately, or let them set for about an hour to hold their shape a little better. They will stay good in an airtight container or ziplock bag for about 3 days.
They’re so fun to make, and so cute too. They’re the perfect child friendly, and adult friendly treat. Because who doesn’t love s’mores, adults and kids alike?
These treats are great for when you want the taste of s’mores all year long, but without the messiness of roasting marshmallows, or it’s too cold to have a fire. The marshmallow in these isn’t toasted, but it’s still gooey and delicious. I promise you’ll love them!
Looking for more S’mores Recipes?
- Indoor Smores
- 25 ways How to Make Smores
- S’mores Ice Cream
- S’mores Cookies
- S’mores Brownies
- Golden Graham Treats
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
S'mores Popcorn Balls
- 1/3 cup unpopped popcorn (or 10 cups popped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups graham cereal
- Pop the popcorn in an airpopper, stove top, or however you can. Sprinkle it over the top with salt.
- In a large pan melt your butter, over medium heat.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir constantly until they are melted and smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour in the popped popcorn and stir until popcorn is evenly coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Stir in about half of the graham cracker cereal, then stir in half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the popcorn out onto parchment paper and separate it into 8 to 10 sections.
- Shape the popcorn into balls, and as you do, add remaining cereal and chocolate chips to each ball.
- Place balls on parchment paper to set for about an hour, or enjoy immediately (they may just be a little messier).