S’mores are a classic treat that you can have rain or shine, in the cold winter, or warm summer. With indoor s’mores you still get that gooey marshmallow, melted chocolate, crunchy graham cracker treat anytime you want it.
S’mores are a traditional campfire treat in North America, with a roasted marshmallow, sandwiched with a piece of chocolate between two pieces of graham crackers.
The weather is just barely starting to get warm enough that we might be brave enough to go camping soon. You see, we are outdoorsy people. We like to go fishing, and hiking, and camping (yes real camping even, sleeping in a tent, no shower, peeing behind a tree type camping).
But I haven’t gone camping since I was 7 months pregnant, and let me tell ya, that was quite the feat. Last summer we had a new born baby, and once we thought he was old enough to go, it was too cold. So, let me tell you there will be lots of camping this summer, and I can’t wait.
Anyway, the whole point of my rambling, is that I love camping food too. That of course must always include s’mores. And now even when we aren’t camping, I can make my beloved s’mores indoors. And that my friends is a wonderful gift.
I mean, who doesn’t love s’mores – crunchy graham cracker and gooey marshmallow and melted chocolate. Yum!
Now I can have them year round! Just by toasting my marshmallow in the oven for a couple minutes. Easy peasy.
Looking for more S’more Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1 graham crackers
- 1 marshmallows
- 1 chocolate bars
- Set your oven to broil.
- Break each of your graham crackers in half down the middle. Line a baking sheet with as many graham cracker halves as s'mores you want to make.
- Top each graham crack half with 1 marshmallow. (You can cut the marshmallows in half and place them on that way, if you want to prevent them from rolling off)
- Cook in your oven on the middle rack, for about 1-2 minutes, until marshmallows start to turn golden. Watch closely the whole time
- Top each marshmallow with a piece of chocolate (3 pieces of a Hershey's bar) and a second graham cracker half.
- Allow s'more to set for about a minute for chocolate to melt some.
First posted on April 21, 2015. Photos updated on April 22, 2019.
Enjoy delicious gooey smores year round by making them in your oven!