S’mores are a classic treat that you can have rain or shine, in the cold winter, or warm summer. With indoor s’mores you still get that gooey marshmallow, melted chocolate, crunchy graham cracker treat anytime you want it.
Satisfy your cravings year round with this Indoor Smores recipe
As a big lover of all things s’mores I want to be able to make them all year long, even when I’m not camping, or sitting by the fire. These indoor s’mores are the perfect solution! You can now have the great taste of s’mores anytime that craving strikes – perfect for a movie night, cozy afternoon in, or whenever that craving strikes. All without smelling like a campfire later on.
What you’ll need for Smores in the Oven
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this oven s’more recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- graham crackers – 1 sheet of graham cracker for s’more you want to make
- large marshmallows
- chocolate bar – go for the classic Hershey’s or try your favorite
How to make s’mores in the Oven?
- Preheat the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with as many graham cracker halves as s’mores you want to make.
- Top each graham cracker with 1 large marshmallow. You can cut the marshmallows in half with scissors and place the sticky side down if they are rolling around too much when you move the pan.
- Add the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 1 to 2 minutes until the marshmallow turns golden, or your desired done-ness. Watch closely the whole time as the high heat can burn the marshmallow quickly.
- Remove from the oven and add your chocolate bar and the second half of the graham cracker. Let it sit for about a minute to let the chocolate melt some, then enjoy.
How long does it take to roast marshmallows in the oven?
With the high heat of the oven the marshmallows will cook in the oven in only a couple of minutes. They should be toasted to golden brown in just 1-2 minutes.
What temperature do you roast marshmallows in the oven?
Set the oven to broil, or between 500 and 525 degrees Fahrenheit to give the marshmallows a nice toasted color.
How to store Indoor S’mores?
S’mores are best enjoyed immediately, and because these s’mores can be made in the oven in just a couple of minutes we recommend making only as many as you can eat right away, and not storing them for later.
How to make S’mores in the Oven FAQs
S’more is a contraction of the phrase some more. In a 1920s cookbook it was also called a Graham Cracker Sandwich, but the term s’more came about in honor of it’s practically addictive quality.
Yes, you can roast marshmallows over a fireplace. You will want to ensure your fireplace is clean and has proper ventilation. Carefully open any grates or doors in front of the fireplace and use a long skewer. Watch the s’more closely to cook it to your desired doneness. And watch any embers that might shoot off the fireplace very carefully since you are indoors.
Dark chocolate and milk chocolate are both suitable options for s’mores. You can use your favorite choice of chocolate for the s’more.
Milk chocolate is a classic choice for s’mores, and may melt faster for the s’more because it melts at a lower temperature than dark chocolate.
You can get creative with your s’mores by adding a variety of ingredients to customize them, here are some of my favorites.
– Sliced fruit like strawberries or bananas, or try adding cherry or apple pie filling.
– Peanut butter, Nutella, or Cookie butter – spread it directly on the inside of the graham cracker before assembling the s’more
– Chopped Nuts – such as peanuts, almonds or pecans can add a nice crunch to the s’mores
– Bacon – some people enjoy the sweet and savory flavor combination of bacon in their s’mores (cook the bacon before and add it to the s’more when assembling)
– Your choice of chocolate – try your favorite chocolate bar instead of classic Hersheys. You could use Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Caramel Squares, or even Mint Chocolates for fun new flavors.
Check out our smores ideas for 25 varieties of s’mores with different cookies, chocolates, and other delicious additions.
Looking for more S’more Recipes?
More Favorites from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1 graham crackers
- 1 marshmallows
- 1 chocolate bars
- Set your oven to broil.
- Break each of your graham crackers in half down the middle. Line a baking sheet with as many graham cracker halves as s’mores you want to make.
- Top each graham crack half with 1 marshmallow. (You can cut the marshmallows in half and place them on that way, if you want to prevent them from rolling off)
- Cook in your oven on the middle rack, for about 1-2 minutes, until marshmallows start to turn golden. Watch closely the whole time
- Top each marshmallow with a piece of chocolate (3 pieces of a Hershey’s bar) and a second graham cracker half.
- Allow s’more to set for about a minute for chocolate to melt some.
First posted on April 21, 2015. Photos updated on April 22, 2019.
Enjoy delicious gooey smores year round by making them in your oven!