Warm homemade syrup is a easy to make, delicious to eat, and worth the little extra time. Serve over pancakes, waffles, or French toast.
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 cube)
- 3 TBS light corn syrup
- 1 TBS baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large pan, add the white syrup, plain yogurt, butter and light corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally
- Remove from oventop, add baking soda and vanilla (the syrup will bubble up high - so be prepared) stir down
- Serve warm over waffles, pancakes, or French toast.
- Store any leftover syrup in a lidded container in the fridge.
I used what I thought was a large pot and it almost boiled over. So believe the recipe when it says a large pot. Also we had some left and I stored it in the fridge when I reheated it in the microwave, it boiled over in the microwave. The syrup seems to separate so stir it together. It also seems to be really foamy for the first few pours on your pancakes.
I thought this was so delicious, I wished I could drink it. It definitely is not low calorie.