These graham cracker cookie sandwiches are the easiest 2 ingredient treat. They’re a childhood favorite, perfect for an afternoon treat.
Graham cracker cookie sandwiches have always been a favorite treat of our family. I grew up with them, and still love making them when I’m craving something sweet that I want quickly.
They’re a great option for an after school snack, or an after dinner treat.
They’re the easiest treat ever, thanks to 2 delicious ingredients, honey graham cracker cookies and frosting. You can use canned frosting that you just grab for the store, or you can make your own homemade frosting. It’s a great way to use up leftover frosting from making a cake, or frosting cookie.
Here are some of my favorite homemade frosting recipes:
Other frosting options that are delicious:
- cool whip
- peanut butter frosting
- rainbow chip frosting
- strawberry frosting
- lemon frosting
How to make Graham Cracker Cookie Sandwiches?
This isn’t a recipe that needs much of an explanation, but take a full graham cracker cookie (or the ones already split into squares) and break it in half in to 2 squares. Slather some frosting all over the top of one square, then press another square right on top and squish the frosting out the sides a bit.
If you want to dip it into sprinkles, pour them out on a shallow plate and dip each side of the frosting on to the sprinkles to coat them.
Then dig right in!
Tips for making Graham Cracker Cookie Sandwiches:
- Try adding frosting and cool whip to the sandwiches. Add frosting to one graham cracker, and cool whip to the other and squish them together. I love strawberry frosting or chocolate frosting, cool whip, and graham crackers – it makes it all taste like a cream pie!
- Try freezing the sandwiches. Pop them on a tray in a single layer, and once frozen you can stack them in an airtight container in the freezer. They’ll store in the freezer for 3 months.
- Drizzle the cookie sandwiches with chocolate or white chocolate. Let the chocolate harden before eating.
- Once the cookies are full of the frosting, dip the sides in sprinkles to make them extra cute. Different colored sprinkles are fun for different occasions, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Halloween, etc.
How to store Graham Cracker Cookie Sandwiches?
Store leftover graham cracker sandwiches wrapped individually in plastic, or multiple in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
These cookies are so simple to make, I usually just make as many at once as we will eat then. But if you want to make them ahead of time, or make extras then you can store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
These graham cracker cookie sandwiches are such a great treat when you need something sweet in a hurry. Perfect for a fun afternoon snack that kids and adults will love!
More Easy Desserts with Graham Crackers:
- How to make Indoor S’mores
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Strawberry Ice Box Cake
- S’mores Pops
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Graham Cracker Cookie Sandwiches
- 8 Whole Graham Crackers
- 1 cup frosting of choice
- assorted sprinkles (optional)
- Take one graham cracker and break it in half down the middle.
- Spread frosting liberally over one graham cracker half.
- Top with another graham cracker half.
- Dip the frosted sides into a plate or bowl full of sprinkles, if desired.
- Continue with the rest of your graham crackers.
These Graham Cracker Cookies were first posted on March 17, 2010. Photos were added to the post on February 4, 2022.