These Fourth of July pretzel sparkler are so fun for a patriotic celebration! Kids and adults alike will love the sweet and salty, white chocolate pretzels.
I love making fun red, white, and blue recipes for the 4th of July! These pretzel sparklers are so fun for an easy treat for the patriotic summer holidays!
These sparklers won’t actually light up, but I promise they taste a lot better than the real thing. And they’re so fun to decorate, and get creative with. It’s a great option to let everyone dip and decorate their own pretzel “sparklers” for fun!
- white chocolate chips – you can also use chopped up white chocolate or even vanilla melting wafers
- pretzel rods
- assorted red, white, and blue sprinkles
How to make Pretzel Sparklers?
Add the white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments until you can stir it totally smooth, and it’s nice and melty. You can also melt the white chocolate over a double boiler, add a couple inches of water to the bottom boiler and heat over medium, and stir the chocolate in the top until smooth.
Dip the pretzels about half way into the white chocolate. Twirl around above the chocolate to let the extra drip off, and you can also scrape the bottom against the edge of the bowl if desired.
Sprinkle the pretzel all over the white chocolate with desired sprinkles. Place on waxed paper, or parchment paper until the chocolate is totally set.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can also melt the white chocolate in a mini slow cooker on low heat.
- If your chocolate is too thick you can add a teaspoon of shortening or coconut oil to the melted white chocolate to thin it. Do not add water to the white chocolate.
- Spoon the melted chocolate over the top of the pretzel rods if your container is not tall enough to dip into.
- You can break the pretzel rods in half. Dip the broken end with chocolate so you can have even more servings of these.
How to store?
These Fourth of July Pretzel Sparklers can be stored in an airtight container, or zip top bag at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. Make sure to keep them in a cool dry place, and not visible to sunlight, or that could cause them to melt a little.
Because these pretzel rods last for a few weeks, they’re perfect for wrapping up in cellophane wrappers and giving them as gifts. They would be so fun to give out at a Fourth of July BBQ as a party favor.
Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favorite easy treats because I love the sweet and salty combo. These ones are so fun, pretty, cute, and delicious!
Looking for more Fourth of July recipes?
- Fourth of July Cookies
- Red White and Blue Strawberries
- Patriotic Popcorn
- Popping Candy Cookies
- Red White and Blue Muddy Buddies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 24 pretzel rods
- assorted red white and blue sprinkles
- red or blue poprocks (optional)
- Melt white chocolate over a double boiler, or in the microwave. Stir constantly in the double boiler till creamy. Alternatively, put chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring in between each until creamy.
- Dip pretzels about half way, or a little more, into the chocolate.
- Twirl around over the bowl for a few seconds and allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles or poprocks.
- Place on waxed paper or parchment paper and allow chocolate to harden.
These pretzel sparklers were first posted on July 1, 2013. The photos and text were updated for clarity on June 10, 2022.