These Valentine M&M cookies are gooey homemade cookies packed with milk chocolate chips, M&Ms, and rolled in Valentine sprinkles before baking to add even more sweetness, and to make them extra cute!
If you like your cookies packed with melty milk chocolate chips, crunchy M&Ms, and colorful Valentine sprinkles, then these Valentine M&M cookies are the ones for you.
These are gooey, soft, and delicious on the inside. With a crunchy crisp bite on the outside edges. My favorite combination of cookie texture. If that’s what you love too, you will love these cookies.
These Valentine cookies are big, with 1/4 cup of cookie dough in each cookie. And they’re loaded with lots of chocolatey goodness, 1.5 cups of chocolate chips, and 1.5 cups of Valentine M&Ms. That’s 3 full cups of chocolate. There is more chocolate in these cookies than any other ingredient. And who doesn’t love chocolate for Valentine’s Day?!
Then to add to the Valentine fun, we rolled each cookie dough in red, white, and pink, Valentine sprinkles of hearts, pearls, and jimmies! So cute, so fun, so Valentine-y. I just love how colorful and fun these cookies look.
These Valentine Sprinkle M&M chocolate chip cookies were inspired by my friend, Kim Shirley, at The Shirley Life. She is always making fun treats for her 3 daughters. Then I looked at our mini Levain chocolate chip cookies and followed that recipe, except for subbing out m&ms for some of the chocolate chips, and adding the sprinkles of course. mostly.
What do you need to make Valentine M&M cookies?
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
- red, white, pink Valentine M&Ms
- red, white, pink Valentine sprinkles
Tips to make the best Valentine Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. You want your oven nice and hot to bake these cookies. The higher heat makes for the crispy outside and the gooey inside, and helps the cookies stay tall.
- Line your baking sheets -13×18 if you have it, which is a half sheet pan. Line them with either a silicone mat or parchment paper. The sprinkles that touch the baking sheets will melt and the lining will make clean up 100x’s easier. You will definitely thank me for this.
- Use cold butter but slice into 1/2 inch pieces. The cold butter is one of the reasons these cookies are high and thick. Slicing the butter makes it easier on your mixer.
- Adding the cornstarch to the all purpose flour makes your flour more like cake flour, which keeps these cookies extra soft.
- Three cups of chocolate makes the cookies thick and packed with chocolate in every single bite.
- Using a 1/4 cup cookie scoop gives you giant cookies; if you prefer smaller cookies just use a small cookie scoop, and adjust the baking time.
- Not packing the cookie dough into the scoop, again is another reason your cookies will be thick and gooey.
- Rolling the scoop of cookie into the Valentine sprinkles, well, makes your cookies extra adorable, and gives them crispy little sprinkles to enjoy into with each bite.
- Before baking top each cookie with 3 or 4 additional M&Ms, just so they look even more festive.
How to make Valentine m&m cookies?
These cookies start like most other chocolate chip cookie recipes, but with cold butter instead of softened (yay for not even waiting to let butter soften). Mix it together with the sugars until you have a nice and creamy mixture. Then stir in your eggs.
Add in your flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir it all together till you have a nice, thick, soft dough. Then mix in your chocolate chips and m&ms till they are divided evenly in the dough.
Scoop the dough into 1/4 cups of dough, and roll those into the Valentine sprinkles. The dough doesn’t need to be perfect balls, it actually helps if they’re a bit lumpy and chunky, haha.
Place 6 of the cookie balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or a silicone liner and bake the cookies until they are just barely golden. Let them cool on the cookie sheet outside the oven for about 10 minutes, then enjoy them warm, or let them cool completely on a cooling rack.
Store any extra cookies in an airtight container, or ziptop bag at room temperature for up to 5 days. I recommend microwaving them for 15 seconds to enjoy them warm when you eat them through out the week.
These Valentine cookies are so delicious and so fun. Soft, and gooey cookies, with perfectly crispy edges, filled with chocolate chips, m&ms, and covered in sprinkles! So fun for an adorable Valentine’s Day treat!
Looking for more easy Valentine recipes?
- Valentine’s Rice Krispie Treats
- White Chocolate Valentine Pretzels
- Valentine’s Day Popcorn Balls
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Puppy Chow
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Valentine Sprinkle M&M cookies
Valentine Sprinkle M&M Cookies
- 1 cup butter (cold, unsalted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups red, white, and pink M&Ms (plus a few extra to add to the top)
- 1/2 cup Valentine sprinkles (use more as needed)
- Baking Sheets
- Silicone mats
Valentine Sprinkle M&M Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper, and set aside. Pour Valentine sprinkles into a dish with low sides, and set aside.
- Add sliced, cold butter into mixer and beat until smooth (a stand mixer with paddle attachment is preferred but not necessary).
- Add brown and white sugar, beat until smooth; just a minute or two.
- Add the eggs and beat until just mixed in.
- Scoop the flour into measuring cup to measure, level off the top, and dump it into the mixer bowl.
- Add the cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt - mix on low speed just until all is mixed in
- Add M&Ms and milk chocolate chips; pulse in just enough to mix throughout the cookie dough.
- Using an large spoon or 1/4 cup cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough, but don't pack it down, or roll it into a ball.
- Roll the cookie dough in the Valentine sprinkles to cover all the sides.
- Set on a cookie sheet, place 3 to 4 more M&Ms on top.
- Continue scooping cookies and rolling in Valentine sprinkles, placing 6 cookies per cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated about 8 minutes, until the sides are lightly golden, and the tops are just set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. They will keep cooking on the pan. Don't remove them early or the cookies will break.
- Remove to cooling rack for additional cooling as needed.
- Store extra cookies on counter in an air tight container for up to 1 week.