Adding canned pumpkin to this chili gives it just a slightly different taste that makes it even more delicious. Otherwise you have the same typical chili ingredients that make this chili perfection; green peppers, onions, tomatoes, kidney beans, ground beef, chili powder etc.
Chili is one of the best meals to eat in the fall time I think. Its heart warming. Its meaty. Its delicious. Oh and its pretty easy too. Win win win win. Adding pumpkin to your chili makes it even more perfect for fall, I think.
1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
1 cup green peppers, diced
1 cup yellow onion, diced
1/2 TBS garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
15 oz can diced tomatoes
8 oz can tomato sauce
15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 TBS chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red cayenne pepper
1. Brown ground beef over medium heat. Drain out excess grease.
2. Add garlic and allow to simmer for about 2 minutes.
3. Add onion and green pepper and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add pumpkin, tomatoes, tomato sauce and kidney beans.
5. Add spices; chili powder, cumin, pepper, salt and cayenne pepper.
6. Mix everything together.
7. Reduce heat to medium low.
8. Cook for 20-40 minutes to allow flavors to blend together well.
Enjoy this chili with a slight fall taste topped with cheese and sour cream!