The top 10 most popular recipes that were published in 2018 on Like Mother Like Daughter.
It’s that time of year again. It’s the last day of 2018, and it’s time to ring in the new year and celebrate what a great year we’ve had. It’s time to remember some of our favorite memories from the year, and especially our favorite foods from the year.
Two-thousand and eighteen was a fantastic year. Some of my favorite things that happened this year were:
- We had our “dream” house built and moved in to it last May.
- We did an amazing family trip to Southern California, which included Legoland and Disneyland and of course the beach.
- I ran my second half marathon ever. In the fastest time I’ve ever run, 8.5 minutes per mile.
- We had a great family trip to Yellowstone/Jackson Hole/ and Grant Tetons.
- I got a new car for my birthday.
The blog has continued to grow, and for that I am so grateful. I owe so much of that to all of you. I love having this little space to share our favorite recipes with you.
This year meant lots of delicious treats, I wish I could actually send you all a dozen cookies to say thank you for visiting! And with that, here’s our top 10 most popular recipes published in 2018.
While I have you’re attention, I’m doing my annual reader survey. Your answers on the survey help me decide what type of recipes you want to see next year, and is very helpful for me. And if you fill it out you can be entered to win a $30 amazon gift card. For every 200 results I get I’ll give away a gift card. So go fill it out and enter now!
These 10 recipes were all newly published this year. We’ve got 8 amazing desserts, with only 2 easy savory recipes. But I think you’ll love them all!
We’re gonna start with #10 and work our way up to #1. Here we go!
10) Easy Carrot Cake – The easiest carrot cake there ever was, filled with crushed pineapple, grated carrots and so much flavor. And topped with the best cream cheese frosting.
9) Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad – this is my favorite way to have jello salad, it’s the perfect sweet and salty mix, with crunchy pretzels, creamy cheesecake like filling, and topped with fresh strawberries and jello. It’s a must have side dish!
8) Blueberry Cheesecake Bars – The perfect no bake dessert, with a cheesecake layer, blueberry pie topping, and whipped cream.
7) Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta – Cheesy pasta with a creamy ranch sauce, lots of chicken and bacon. This is the perfect easy dinner recipe!
6) Rolo Pretzel Reindeer – These adorable and delicious reindeer are the perfect sweet and salty treat. Posted only a month ago and they already climbed to the top with our most popular!
5) Marshmallow Cream Cheese Fruit Dip – A tasty, 3 ingredient fruit dip that is the perfect way to get your kids to eat all their fruit 😉
4) Banana Nutella Crepes – Light and crispy crepes filled with nutella and bananas. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
3) Taco Pasta Salad – We only had 2 savory recipes make the top 10 this year, but no wonder this taco pasta salad is one of them. It’s bursting with flavor, and perfect for a summer potluck or bbq!
2) Banana Cream Pie Bars – These bars are one of my new favorite desserts, with the great taste of banana cream pie mixed with cheesecake. They’re a tasty no bake dessert, and so irresistible.
1) Sugar Cookie Dough – Our number one most popular, newly published recipe this year was my edible sugar cookie. It’s egg free, safe to eat and so delicious! And no wonder, because I know how much our readers love cookie dough 😉
And in case you’re curious to see, here are our top 10 posts from previous years.