The top 10 most popular new recipes from Like Mother, Like Daughter, in the year 2020.
Happy New Year! I know 2020 was a year unlike any other, and I’m guessing I’m not the only one who is ready to turn a new leaf and enter into the year 2021. This year was a strange year, and was so hard in so many ways, but also so great for our family in so many ways. We were very lucky this year to not have been effected more harshly with the terrible realities that many had to face this year. And I’m so sorry if that was not the case for you.
Some of my favorite things that happened in our home world this year were:
- We had an awesome family trip to the Oregon coast, staying in Rockaway Beach. It was a perfect place to social distance, with lots of tide pool exploring, beach time, swimming in Crater Lake, and more outdoor fun.
- Our kids were able to resume in person school at the end of August, thanks to lots of extra precautions. Colby is in first grade this year and is so good at math, and has learned to love reading recently too. Logan is in his first year of pre-school and is loving getting to socialize more with kids his age in that way.
- We were able to buy an amazing mountain property back in the end of spring, where we have parked our trailer, and we love being able to escape there. Especially when we need a change of scenery and can’t travel as much still.
- This little old blog passed 1,000,000 pageviews in 1 month, which has long been a goal of mine – and to which I could not have done with out all of you!
I’m truly grateful for all of you who come here to read what we have to share. You come for the delicious recipes we share, and I’m so appreciative of that – whether you visit from pinterest, get our emails every week, follow on instagram, or just found us from a google search. I sincerely thank you, and everyone who takes the time to visit us over here in our little spot of the internet.
And with that, onto what you might actually be here for – our top 10 most popular recipes published in 2020.
1. Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge – A super recent recipe, and it still jumped to the top so quickly. This easy creamy, peanut butter fudge is only 4 ingredients and so yummy!
2. Apple Cake – A super easy apple cake, loaded with apple sauce, apple slices, and lots of cinnamon flavor!
3. Overnight French Toast Casserole – A delicious make ahead breakfast, it seems a lot of you loved this idea for Christmas morning. And I don’t blame you!
4. Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars – Thick and delicious sugar cookie bars loaded with festive sprinkles, and topped with a buttery sweet frosting.
5. Lemon Loaf – An amazing copycat of Starbucks lemon loaf, this lemon pound cake, is soft, and sweet, and topped with a sweet lemony icing!
6. Soft Pretzels – I love soft pretzels, and soft pretzel bites, and these are so chewy, and salty, and so so tasty.
7. Microwave Peanut Brittle – Another delicious homemade Christmas candy, and it’s made in the microwave! This peanut brittle is so light, and buttery, and sweet, and salty. It’s so easy too!
8. Cranberry Salsa – The perfect appetizer for the holiday, it’s a tangy and tart, and spicy salsa that is so perfect served over a block of cream cheese, and served with crackers.
9. Banana Cream Pie From Scratch – Banana cream desserts have always been popular in this space, and I finally made a homemade pudding from scratch, and this pie did not disappoint!
10. Chipotle Ranch Dressing – An easy homemade salad dressing that is so good on sandwiches, chicken, pasta salad, or regular!
Here’s the deal though – I love to go back and republish a lot of our really old recipes, many of which we shared a long time ago that have really old recipes, or need new clarification on how to make them, ingredients we used, and just all around more detail. A lot of those recipes were our most popular this year, and since they’re not brand new I don’t share them in that list, but I do want to share them, because most of them are practically brand new with how little they originally got seen over here.
So here we are, our top 10 most popular recipes that were redone in 2020.
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Oat Flour Bread
- Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins
- One Pan Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- Mexican Stuffed Shells
- Fried Apple Rings
- Polska Kielbasa Stir Fry
- Microwave Mug Brownie
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- Ranch Dip
And in case you want to see what recipes have been popular in the past years, here you go.