The top 10 most popular recipes of 2019 from Like Mother Like Daughter!
Happy New Year!! I hope you had an amazing year! I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – looking up our top 10 recipes from the year is one of my favorite posts to pull together at the end of every year.
Two thousand and nineteen flew by and so much happened on the blog and off. Some of my favorite things that happened in the real world this year were:
- Our sweet baby girl was born in October. We sure love our Rosie girl!
- We had an amazing family trip to Boston and Maine, which included Nate taste testing 8 different lobster rolls to find out which one is the best to share with you guys! (Post coming soon!)
- Colby started kindergarten this year and is loving going to school and learning every day, and especially loves recess playing with friends.
- We had so many amazing camping trips to beautiful places all over Utah!
- We had an awesome family trip to Moab, visiting Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park.
I’m always sincerely grateful to all of you who come here to read what we have to say, and see the delicious food and recipes we share with you. I seriously love having this little space to share with all of you. This year meant lots more delicious food, and I thank you all for taking the time to visit us over here, on our little place in the web.
And with that, here’s our top 10 most popular recipes published in 2019. (These are all new recipes that I made this year!)
Drum roll… for our most popular recipe we made this year!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup – Apparently I need to think of more slow cooker recipes to share with you guys, since the two most popular new savory recipes are both slow cooker chicken recipes. This chicken noodle soup really is a winner though. It’s comforting, hearty, and oh so delicious!
2. Pumpkin Cake with Cake Mix – You guys love easy desserts as much as I do. This recipe starts with a cake mix, and with a few simple tweaks and you’ve got a moist, delicious cake that no one will ever guess isn’t completely homemade. Sounds like a winner to me!
3. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken – This bbq chicken is as easy as can be, it’s only a few ingredients, most of which you probably have in your pantry or fridge now. It’s perfect on it’s own, on a sandwich, pizza, salads, and more.
4. Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites – These bite sized treats have the delicious flavors of peanut butter, banana, and chocolate chips. They are perfect for on the go, or an afternoon snack!
5. Chocolate Cookie Dough for One – Cookie dough always seems to be loved by all over here, and this chocolate cookie dough is no different. So much chocolatey goodness, in a delicious, egg-free, edible cookie dough!
6. Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Fruit Dip – The perfect fruit dip, with only 4 ingredients. It’s like a caramel apple meets cheesecake, so good with apple slices and pretzels.
7. Strawberry Sauce – What can beat a 3 ingredient strawberry sauce that is so delicious on ice cream, cheesecake, pancakes, and even by the spoonful.
8. Classic Cheese Ball – The perfect homemade cheeseball, packed with smooth cream cheese, and the perfect flavor. It’s the ultimate party appetizer. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve and more!
9. Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – The brown butter takes these chocolate chunk cookies to the next level. Perfectly chewy, filled with melty chocolate in each bite. Yum yum!
10. Easy Chocolate Cake – The best and easiest chocolate cake, it’s made in a 9×13 pan, moist, fudge, and delicious, and topped with a creamy and delicious chocolate buttercream. It’s the ultimate cake for chocolate lovers. I won’t blame you if you want this cake for your birthday every year moving forward.
I republished a lot of our old recipes this year, with new photos, new tips, recipe clarifications and more – and a lot of those were really popular this year too. Since there are so many of those recipes that you all loved, I’m going to share the top 5 from that list as well. Here’s our top 5 most popular recipes republished in 2019.
- How to Make Indoor S’mores – Did you know you can make s’mores in your oven at home, that means you can have them all year long! You know I love all things s’mores and I’m glad to see you do too!
- Sugar Cookie Bars – These sugar cookie bars are the best of the best, no chilling the dough, no rolling it out, no cutting cookies into shapes. And you get soft, thick and delicious sugar cookie bars. They’re perfect for every occasion!
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough – This peanut butter cookie dough is the best of the best. It might be my favorite cookie dough flavor, and this recipe makes the perfect small bowlful just for you and your late night cravings.
- Sweet Potato Patties – For a tasty new way to enjoy sweet potatoes, these sweet potato patties are a winner. And they’re a perfect way to use leftover mashed sweet potatoes.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake – It’s so hard to pick, but this may be my favorite cake ever. There’s a chocolate batter, and a peanut butter batter, all swirled together, and topped with both a chocolate ganache and a peanut butter ganache. This cake is calling all peanut butter and chocolate lovers!
And at least for me, it’s fun to see.. so here’s our top 10 recipe posts from the last few years.
Leave a Reply