When I think of summer foods I think of grilled foods. Nothing is better than going into the yard or going to the park, firing up the grill and cooking up some meat. Whether you are grilling hamburgers, ribs, or bbq chicken. One of my favorite meals to cook on the grill is kebabs. I love kebabs because you can load them up with a bunch of delicious vegetables and some delicious meat and throw them on the grill with your favorite sauce. We like to add chicken, pork or beef. Our vegetable choices are usually a mix of peppers, onions, squash and sometimes we add pineapple too! And then we like teriyaki sauce, bbq sauce, or whatever. For this recipe, or more of a guideline I chose to do teriyaki chicken and vegetable kebabs. But feel free to switch it up a little, however you want.
Today is the final day, Day #6 of Kick Off to Summer Week, a multi-blogger event co-host by Lauren of From Gate to Plate and Summer of Summer Scraps. With summer quickly approaching and Memorial Day in a few weeks, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your Memorial Day activities. For the past six days we have been serving up a variety of different appetizers, main dishes, desserts, decor, printables and more all centered around the up-coming Memorial Day. We hope you enjoyed all of these wonderful ideas and thank you for tuning in each day.
- 1½ pounds chicken breast
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1 red pepper
- ½ onion
- ⅔ cup yoshidas sauce
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 sprinkle ground red pepper
- Cut chicken, and vegetables into approx. 1 inch squares.
- Combine yoshidas, soy sauce, garlic and ground red pepper in a small bowl.
- Put chicken in a bowl and cover it with about half of your sauce mixture. Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Put chicken and vegetables onto kebab sticks (if you are using wooden sticks, soak them in water for about 10 minutes before) rotating through each ingredient.
- Place prepared kebabs onto grill preheated to about 400 degrees.
- Cook kebabs for about 15 minutes on the grill, rotating every few minutes.
- Brush with remaining marinade throughout.
- Cook until chicken is completely cooked through.
Enjoy this easy, delicious and healthy meal cooked on the grill!
And don’t forget to check out the rest of my blogger friends with their awesome ideas and tell them how much you’ve enjoyed this week!
Grilled Garlic and Basil Rubbed Pork Chops by From Gate to Plate
Mango Lassi by The Haas Machine
Shrimp and Corn Salsa Shooters by It’s Yummi
15 Barbecue Favorites by Summer Scraps
Greek Pork Kebabs with Tzatziki by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Favorite Popcorn Balls by Forty Eighteen
Making Memorial Day a Family Affair by Bits of Ivory
Sea Breeze Punch by Keep it Simple, Sweetie
Steak Sandwich Stackers by Lady Behind the Curtain
Memorial Day Whoopie Pies by The Freshman Cook
Steak Verde Tacos by Clarks Condensed
Red, White and Blue Sangria by Love in the Kitchen
Sriracha Coleslaw by It’s a Keeper
Lemon Pomegranate Punch by Food Lust People Love
Peanut Butter Cup S’mores by Little Dairy on the Praire
Vintage Patriotic Book Craft by We Like to Learn as We Go