Last week while we were shopping at Costco we discovered that Costco sells Whipping Cream and Half and Half. We had been wanting to make ice cream for a while and with a quart of Half and Half for only 2 something dollars, we just had to get it. Right? Am I right? Well with so much Half and Half we’ve made two things of ice cream along with fettuccine Alfredo, and we probably have another cup of the stuff left.
One of the recipes we decided to make with the Half and Half was a Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Candy Bar Chunks. Of course if you wanted plain peanut butter ice cream you could just do that, or you could choose to add other mixins, instead of candy bars. Make this your own! If you like peanut butter, I can guarantee you will love this ice cream too.
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup milk *
2 cups cream *
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
16 snack size candy bars (we used reeses and snickers)
** 1/4 cup cocoa powder
**2 TBS malt
*You can use whole milk and heavy cream for extra creamy ice cream, or lighter milk and half and half for a little healthier, but still delicious option. We always use 1 % milk and sometimes use cream, sometimes half and half.
** optional ingredients. We added them. But we’ve made this recipe before without them.
1. Add peanut butter and sugar to a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Mix for 2 minutes using a hand mixer on low.
3. Add milk and cream to the peanut butter mixture and mix until combined.
4. Add vanilla extract.
5. Pour mixture into ice cream maker and mix for 35 minutes.
6. Meanwhile chop candy bars into small pieces.
7. After ice cream is frozen stir in candy bar pieces with a spoon.
8. Enjoy, or place in a Tupperware container and freeze for another 2 hours for extra hard ice cream.
We topped our ice cream with peanut butter chips and chocolate syrup (the first time we had it) to make it an extra special treat. Enjoy.