The top 10 most popular recipes from Like Mother, Like Daughter in the year 2021. From hot chocolate bombs, to Biscoff spread stuffed cookies, to butter pecan ice cream and more.
Happy New Year’s Eve! It’s time for one of my favorite posts of the year, sharing our most popular new recipes with you here!
Twenty twenty-one was another interesting year, but we made the best of it, and had some really great moments here on the blog, and at our home.
Some of my favorite things that happened in my world this year were:
- We had an amazing family trip to a beach house in North Carolina. We all got so much sun, had a blast on the sand and in the water, and it wasn’t crowded, win win!
- We also had amazing trips to Lake Tahoe, Seattle and the Olympic Peninsula, and Arizona and the Grand Canyon.
- My husband left his job as a director at a library software company to join me at home, helping with the kids, and helping with the blog a little too. We are excited to see how else he can help out in the new year.
- We did a monthly reader recipe challenge this year, that we started in April. It was so fun to see which recipes of ours people made to enter the challenges. If you want this to continue into next year be sure to let us know how much you loved it!
We are forever grateful for anyone who comes to read and enjoy our recipes. So many people have found favorites in our recipes, just like we have, and I’m forever grateful for every one of you who visits from pinterest, or who reads our emails, gives us love on instagram, and more. Thank you thank you for sharing our spot of the internet with us, and making this all possible for us.
Now onto our top 10 posts from 2021! Our most popular posts are littered with posts we’ve updated, but we want to highlight the ones that are brand new! That means new recipes, never before seen on this blog until this year, are the ones we’re including in this top 10.
And apparently we need to stick with sweets since 9 out of 10 of our new recipes are all sweet in nature. 😉 Here we go!
1. How to make Hot Chocolate Bombs – this Hot Chocolate Bomb post is loaded with so many tips and tricks teaching you hot to make hot chocolate bombs! All the tools, steps, and everything you need to make and enjoy this delicious treat.
2. Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake – This lemon cream cheese bundt cake is such a delicious and moist cake, loaded with the perfect lemon flavor, and cheesecake like filling. It’s perfect for spring and summer.
3. White Chocolate Biscoff Cookies – These White Chocolate Chip Biscoff cookies might be my favorite cookie ever. They’re giant loaded cookies with white chocolate chips, and Biscoff cookie crumbs, and full of gooey cookie butter in the middle. If you want to make one recipe from us, make these!
4. Peanut Butter Cake with a Cake Mix – This peanut butter cake is the perfect easy dessert, it starts with a cake mix, but no one will ever be able to guess, because it’s so rich, delicious, and moist!
5. Classic Shortbread Cookies – A classic cookie recipe, everyone should have a good shortbread cookie recipe. They’re buttery, flakey, and melt in your mouth.
6. Butter Pecan Ice Cream – This homemade butter pecan ice cream, tastes just like you’d get from your favorite ice cream shop, rich, buttery, and so delicious!
7. Chocolate Peanut Butter Trail Mix – The best sweet and salty trail mix, perfect for game night, movie night, or watching your favorite sporting events.
8. BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad – One of my favorite pasta salad recipes, this bbq ranch pasta salad is loaded with with so much yumminess. Perfect to enjoy all year long for lunch or dinner.
9. Frog Eye Salad – This frog eye salad is a classic sweet side dish that is perfect for any occasion. Make it for your next holiday dinner, summer bbq, and more!
10. Black Forest Poke Cake – A simple poke cake that starts with a cake mix, full of hot fudge, cherries, and topped with whipped cream! A great twist on a traditional black forest cake.
I do love going back and updating and republishing some of our old recipes with new photos. Some of them are really old and probably didn’t get more than 100 views the first time around, where some of them have been popular around here for a while, but we wanted to add some clarification on how to make the recipe, ingredients we used, and just all around more detail, and new photos.
So here for your enjoyment, our top 10 most popular recipes that we updated in 2021.
- Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzel Bites
- Pina Colada Sauce
- Blueberry Turnovers
- Maple Brown Sugar Ham
- Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Donuts
- Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Flax Cookies
- Stuffed Hatch Chiles
- One Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Chocolate Cupcakes for Two
And in case you want to see our top 10 recipes from the past years, here you go!